December 25, 2011

O Come, O Come Emmanuel

So many of you may already know that my band Slaves to Righteousness just recorded our own version of "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" (There is a link to the song at the bottom of this blog post).  I absolutely love the way that it turned out but it is also sad for me because I realize that this is the last song I will be releasing with this group of guys.  They have ALL been my best friends for the last few years, and we have gone through and done lots of crazy stuff over the last few years.  I will miss them more than they know; but do know that my life will never be the same because of what God has done in our lives.


Throughout the entire recording process I never really took the time to step back from the busyness,to just read and take to heart what the lyrics have to say in this song.  Finally after it was mixed, mastered and sent to me I decided to look up the lyrics online and read along while listening to the song.  I had a real experience with God in that moment because he gave me peace but most of all he gave me HOPE.  "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" is a song of hope.  


O Come, O Come Emmanuel
And ransom captive Israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel,
Shall come to thee, O Israel


Right now in my life I don't know exactly what God has in store for me, but I have confidence that He has a specific purpose and plan for my life.  I have confidence because Jesus the Son of God came from his throne to this mess of a world, to save someone like me, and by his sacrifice on the cross I know I am saved and I KNOW he loves me and has a purpose for my life. I have HOPE because of Christmas. Merry Christmas!!

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

O Come, O Come Emmanuel --- Slaves to Righteousness

1 comment:

Ivan Veldhuizen said...

Great post, Shane! Keep it comin...